Country Queer does accept unsolicited pieces as well as pitches. You may contact us at email@example.com with your submission.
- Freelancer rate sheet – includes types of submissions and length
- Please submit your piece as a Google Doc – send us a link.
- Please include images if possible. You may find them press-approved images in press materials, on the artist website, or on their IG or FB accounts. (Do not use images that were shot expressly for other media outlets!)
- Please include links to embeds (tracks or videos)
- Do not use footnotes; use links instead
- If we have forwarded you press materials, please make use of them (quotes, images, links, bios)
- When possible, link to previous CQ interviews and profiles of artists mentioned in your piece
- When mentioning an artist in your piece, please do not link to their website or other online presence (unless the context calls for it), except:
- When previewing or reviewing a recording, please end the piece with a link to where the recording may be ordered, along with its date of availability (if already released, that date is “now,” as in “available now.”)