[If you are interested in pitching your music for coverage in CQ, go here.]
Country Queer does accept unsolicited pieces as well as pitches. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your submission.
- We take submissions only from queer-identified writers.
- Freelancer rate sheet – includes types of submissions and length.
- Please submit your piece as a Google Doc – send us a link.
- Please include images if possible. You may find press-approved images in press materials or on the artist’s website. (Do not use images that were shot expressly for other media outlets!)
- Please include links to embeds (tracks or videos).
- Do not use footnotes; use links instead.
- If we have forwarded you press materials, please make use of them (quotes, images, links, bios).
- When possible, link to previous CQ interviews and profiles of artists mentioned in your piece.
- Please include a one-sentence author bio.
- When mentioning an artist in your piece, please do not link to their website or other online presence (unless the context calls for it), except:
- When previewing or reviewing a recording, please end the piece with a link to where the recording may be ordered, along with its date of availability (if already released, that date is “now,” as in “available now.”)