Thank you for your interest in pitching your music to Country Queer! We’re always happy to hear from artists in our mission to uplift queer artistry in country, folk, and Americana.
Please note that at this time, we have very limited space to cover allies. Our focus is on LGBTQIA+ musicians and music industry members, with a particular eye towards intersectionality in our coverage. If that applies to you, we want to hear from you. To be clear: we will listen to every music submission from a queer artist – you will be heard!
Here are some guidelines for music submission:
- Please send full-album pitches, interview requests, tour announcements, press releases, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using this email address will ensure that your information reaches our editorial team.
- Please send singles, music videos, and up-and-coming artist releases to email@example.com for our weekly roundup, Buried Treasure. Please include an embeddable link and a pic.
- We do not do day-of-release premieres, but we will consider your brand-new single for our “Song of the Week” slot in Buried Treasure (we’ll need to hear it in advance!)
- We would be happy to consider an exclusive preview of your single/video for “Song of the Week”, up to a week in advance of release day, if you are willing to help us get the word out.
- General artist and media inquiries (“I’m a queer country artist and I’m interested in getting some coverage by CQ”) should include biographical information, influences, and music links (if applicable), and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you should absolutely create a Country Queer Directory listing for yourself!
- We will give priority to recent and upcoming releases.
Due to the volume of pitches we currently receive, we ask that any time-sensitive pitches (releases, tour information, etc) be sent at least three weeks in advance.