Country queers are on the move, y’all! Check out what’s happening this week:
- OMFG: Brandi Carlile will be performing the entirety of Joni Mitchell’s Blue album at the Walt Disney Music Hall in LA on Monday. Details here.
- Karen & the Sorrows are dropping an album, Guaranteed Broken Heart, on Friday the 18th and we can’t wait! Order it here.
- They’re kicking it off with a release party featuring My Gay Banjo, The Ebony Hillbillies, and Onliest that very night in Brooklyn. Get your tix for the party here.
- Mercy Bell is also dropping an album on Friday the 18th. It’s called Mercy Bell (natch) and you can order it here. She’ll be playing in New York next Wednesday and Thursday. Tix here.
- Sarah Shook and the Disarmers are playing every damn day next week throughout the Midwest. Check here to see if they’ll be in your town.
- The talented Mya Byrne will be playing The Hidden Cafe, Berkeley CA, on Oct 11, and Alley Cat Galleria, SF, on Oct 16.
- Paisley Fields are playing tonight in Morgantown, WV – gitcher tix here.
- Indigo Girls are on tour! Get tix for next week’s New England shows here.
- The indefatigable Orville Peck continues his national tour with shows in Austin on Saturday and Sunday, Brooklyn on Tuesday, and Toronto next Friday. Details here.
- Amythyst Kiah plays at Red Rocks in Colorado on Saturday, in a performance that caps a Women’s History conference. Here’s the deets.
- Chely Wright plays at the Sona Pub in Philly on Saturday and at Jammin’ Java in E. Vienna, VA on Sunday. Tix here.
- You heard it here first: James Wilson (Paisley Fields) will be playing keys in Jason Hawk Harris’ band on Harris’ fall tour!
- Make your plans now for the Queer Country Showcase at Dee’s in Nashville on Nov 11, with Paisley Fields, Karen & the Sorrows, Mercy Bell, and Mya Byrne!
That’s all for now!
Got items? Submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org