Howdy, country queers! A little CMA news; a bunch of our favorites are on tour right now; and the inaugural “CQ Presents” show! All this and more…
- Country, queer, and black: Lil Nas X won “Musical Event of the Year” at the CMAs!
- Lavender Country, Secret Emchy Society, and Mya Byrne are featured in the very first CQ Presents show in Sonoma tonight Friday, November 15th. Details.
- Lavender Country and Mya Byrne will be playing the legendary 924 Gilman in Berkeley on November 17th. Details here.
- Mercy Bell is gonna rock Bowling Green, KY, on Saturday, Nov. 16th. Check it.
- Karen & The Sorrows are featured on the new ep of Nine Bullets Radio. Listen.
- Catch Paisley Fields when they’re in Brooklyn next Wednesday, Nov. 20th. Deets.
- Aaron Lee Tasjan continues to rock the Midwest this week, with shows in Indianapolis on Nov. 15th, Milwaukee on Nov. 17th, and Minneapolis next Friday, Nov. 22nd. More here.
- Sarah Shook and the Disarmers are comin’ to the East Coast with a vengeance, rocking Brattleboro, VT tonight; Burlington, VT, on the 16th; Portland, ME on the 17th, Boston on the 18th; Ridgefield, CT on the 19th; Mansfield, PA on the 20th; Philadelphia on the 21st; and Jersey City, NJ, on the 22nd. Whew! Details here.
- Indigo Girls are also hitting the Midwest this week: Salina, KS, tonight; Tulsa tomorrow; St. Louis on Sunday; Kansas City on Tuesday; Cedar Rapids on Thursday; and Chicago on Friday. Holy cow! Check it out.
- Hear Orville Peck’s Siriux XM mini-concert here.
- Mary Gauthier is playing in Baton Rouge, LA on Thursday, Nov. 21st, and will be joined by Jaimee Harris in Houston on Friday, Nov. 22nd. Looky.
- Amythyst Kiah is in Portsmouth, NY tonight; Brooklyn tomorrow; NYC on Sunday; Grand Rapids, MI, on Tuesday; Lansing, MI, on Wednesday; Milwaukee on Thursday; and Bristol, VA next Friday. Triple whew! Details here.
- Brandi Carlile is running a contest to sing “Brandi-oke” – with the twins as your backing band! – at next year’s Girls Just Wanna festival. Apply here.
That’s it for now! If you have any items, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.