Howdy, queeps! So much going on this week in our world. Check it out:
- Michelle Brooke’s new song “Storm” was named “Song of the Week” on Nashville’s Lightning 100. Check out our exclusive interview here.
- Mercy Bell plays at the Basement East in Nashville on Friday, November 1st. Deets here. (Read our review of her new album here.)
- The Secret Emchy Society (featuring CQ’s own Cindy Emch!) plays the Buck Inn in Doyle, CA on Saturday the 26th – free show, costumes encouraged!
- Speaking of Cindy Emch, she will appear on Willa Mamets’ FB Live show, “How to Be a Hero For Independent Music” at noon on Monday the 28th
- Make your plans now for the Queer Country Showcase at Dee’s in Nashville on Nov 11, with Paisley Fields, Karen & the Sorrows, Mercy Bell, and Mya Byrne.Tix now available here!
- Mya Byrne plays with the Homobiles at the Queer Bands Extravaganza in San Francisco on Saturday the 26th. Check it out. Also featuring Side Pony, Moon Palace, and Vulveeta.
- Mya Byrne also plays a Trans Femme Showcase on Oct 29th with Lara Americo, at Henrietta Hudson’s, NYC.
- Amythyst Kiah plays the Third Annual Fall Moon Festival in Newport, RI, on Sat, Nov 2nd. Tix.
- Orville Peck plays at Scala in London on Monday the 28th. Details.
- Indigo Girls play in Ireland tonight and tomorrow night, and in London on Monday. Tix here.
- Ty Herndon is headlining the Natchez, MS, Pride celebration Y’all Means All, on Saturday October 26th. Details here.
- Maren Morris had a boy (ironically)!
- Tanya Tucker released a video for her song “Bring Me My Flowers Now,” and it features Brandi Carlile, who co-wrote the song. Watch!
- PBS presents SONGWRITING WITH SOLDIERS, a concert featuring veterans, service members and songwriters, including our queer legend Mary Gauthier! It premiers Friday, October 25 – check your local listings.
That’s all for now!
Got items? Submit them to email@example.com